The EB-1 visa is available to foreign researchers. The EB-1 visas are similar to green cards for researchers. In order to obtain this type of visa, the researcher should be involved in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. The researcher should sustain national or international acclaim and recognition in the field of expertise. The researcher must also seek to enter the US to continue work in the area of extraordinary ability and illustrate how his or her entry will substantially benefit prospectively the US. Evidence of the researcher's extraordinary ability is required and usually includes, proof as a major award recipient such as the Nobel Prize, Olympic Medalist, Academy Award, Grammy, etc. Evidence of a researcher's extraordinary ability may also be deemed sufficient if the applicant can provide three of the following ten:
- Receipt of lesser nationally or international recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor
- Membership in associations in the field which require outstanding achievements as judged by recognized national or international
- Published material about the beneficiary in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Participation on a panel or individually as judge of the work of others in the field or an allied field
- Original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance in the field
- Authorship of scholarly articles in the field, in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Display of the beneficiary's work at artistic exhibitions or showcases
- The beneficiary has performed in a leading or critical role for organizations or establishments that have distinguished reputations
- The beneficiary has commanded a high salary or other high remuneration for services
- The beneficiary has commercial successes in the performing arts, as shown by box office receipts or record, cassette, compact disk, or video sales.
(Other comparable evidence may also be accepted)
The attorneys at Harrison Alo, Attorneys at Law have successful experience in handling EB-1 visa petitions for foreign researchers. Contact the attorneys at Harrison Alo, Attorneys at Law if you have questions regarding the EB-1 visa process.