Ohio Business Formation Attorneys
Your desire to form your own American business can take any number of directions, each variable with pros and cons for owner responsibilities like tax liability. If what you are after is an immigrant or non-immigrant business visa for any kind of substantive business investment in the United States, the immigration lawyers of Harrison Alo can serve you with timely counsel on matters of business planning and corporate organization.
We not only advise new and established citizens and workers on the ins and outs of forming their own business, but we also have a wealth of experience in drafting and reviewing contracts for self-employed professionals, like physicians. If your immigration path and marketable skills qualify you for discussions on these employment contracts, contact us at Harrison Alo.
Your Business Formation Options
Here are just a few of the choices you might consider with our law firm's helpful input:
- Sole proprietorship: the owner has full responsibility for all profits, debts, and lawsuits against the business.
- Partnership: partners can share in profits and tax advantages, but one partner could be considered responsible for actions of others and lawsuits against the business.
- Corporation: this option encourages shareholder investment in the business and provides relief from personal liability.
- C Corporation: features any number of investors, though profits are subject to “double taxation”, referring to taxation on profits as well as salaries.
- S Corporation: same as the "C" but with more limitations and not subject to the “double taxation” that a C-corporation faces.
- Limited Liability Company (LLC): profits go to owners who cannot be held personally liable for business lawsuits or other member actions.
Our accomplished business immigration attorneys will work long and hard with you toward completion of the required business formation documents, contracts, and other organization documents that will enable your business to open and go forward, as soon as your business visa is approved.
By Phone, Fax, or E-mail
Are you planning to start a new business with prospective employees from other countries? Are you a professional person, such as a physician, in need of contract review? The experienced business immigration lawyers of Harrison Alo in Columbus can devise creative solutions to the obstacles confronting you.
Let us hear the details of your legal situation during your initial consultation. It can be arranged by phone, fax, or e-mail to our law offices. We have access to interpreters and we return after-hours calls promptly. So contact us today.